ufdbGuard is an extremely fast and free URL filter in public domain.
ufdbGuard is designed for use with the popular web proxy Squid
The advantages of ufdbGuard are:
- Squid and ufdbGuard can be installed on a single server only. There is no need for installing additional software on workstations.
- ufdbGuard can be used with a licensed URL database from URLfilterDB or any free text-based URL database.
- ufdbGuard uses a blacklist filter method as the most efficient way to block undesired websites.
- ufdbGuard is the fastest URL filter with an amazing 50,000 URL verifications/sec on a single processor (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2) running Linux.
- ufdbGuard guards against security risks incurred by proxy tunnels, SSH tunnels, unauthorised VPNs and other unauthorised tools that punch holes in firewalls using the web proxy like UltraSurf.
- ufdbGuard is copyright-protected, but free for use. Also in commercial environments.
The free and popular web proxy Squid and ufdbGuard integrate easy.
Detailed information comes with the distribution of ufdbGuard.
For more information on how ufdbGuard works together with URLfilterDB,
please refer to our "How it works
" page in this section.
ufdbGuard and its reference manual can also be downloaded from